Bird Crush Club Information & FAQs
Welcome to my grandest scheme!
The Bird Crush Club promises to make your 2022 the most charming and delightful year of your stitching career! Bird lovers unite!
Each month club members receive a package featuring one specific bird species, including
- A cross stitch pattern featuring a chart matching a gorgeous photo by our field expert and serious birder, Chris Gilbert. Each pattern will be the same format -- able to fit into a 6 inch circle. Charted in all DMC with one cotton overdyed that you'll also receive.
- A glossy postcard featuring one of Chris' photos on the front and his personal field notes on the species on the back. These are so gorgeous you could frame it if you wanted!
- One skein of overdyed cotton floss that is charted in the pattern
- Three square stickers, perfectly sized for the Aviary of Stitches book (book purchased separately).
Cost: $16 USD per month, billed automatically on the 28th day of every month.
SUBSCRIPTION RENEWAL CHARGES: Renewal charges happen on the 28th of each month after the month you signed up. When you first sign up and look at your subscription schedule, it may not indicate the correct "next charge" day. Don't worry, I will be adjusting these for you. After my adjustment, all will be on track :).
CLUB SHIPPING BEGINS: 1st of the month
1. How do I join?
Check out with this listing here.
2. How much is domestic shipping?
My normal flat rate, which is currently $4.
3. I don't live in the United States. Can I still join?
Yes, you can still join! However, I have created another setup exclusively for international customers to make shipping cheaper that you can read about here. More international spots will be opening in April. Please sign up using the 'NOTIFY ME' button on the international page to be notified of more international spot openings.
4. Can I cancel at any time?
Yep! You may drop out of the club at any time. Just don't be surprised if the birds start looking at you with disappointment. If you have already been billed for the month, however, it is impossible to cancel your shipment. Please cancel before the 28th of the month when subscriptions are charged. Members are able to cancel their subscriptions in the customer portal, which can be accessed via the link they receive in each subscription email. You may also cancel your subscription by logging in to your account. You may also email me firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll take care of you.
5. When will I get my monthly subscription?
Members are charged immediately for their first order, then on the 28th the month for subsequent issues. You'll be emailed that your order was processed. Shipping will begin and proceed immediately after the first of the month.
6. Where can I check or see my subscription?
If you have a customer account in my shop, you will be able to see your subscription by logging in to your account. If you don't have an account in my shop, you can still view, edit and cancel your subscription through the link you'll receive in each subscription email.
7. Can I add items like fabric or other Lindy Stitches items to my club subscription order?
Due to the volume of Bird Crush Club orders, we are unable to add items to your subscription.
8. How complicated are the patterns? Are they beginner-friendly?
The complication of each pattern will vary. My main goal is to faithfully represent each bird, while at the same time making a pattern that doesn't give you a headache! January's bird includes some backstitch and one blended thread. February's bird is less complicated, using only full crosses, no backstitch or blends.
9. I only stitch on aida. Will the patterns work for me?
Yes. It may be a little tricky for those birds that contain backstitch, but if you're willing, you'll be able.
10. What about fabric count?
ALL the patterns will be charted on 32 count linen and fit in a 6 inch circle. You can use 32 count lugana or evenweave or 16 count aida and get the same size finish. I'm going to be finishing in different colors of this frame from Signed and Numbered on Etsy. But you can stitch these on whatever count of fabric is your favorite. I will be listing each month's designated fabric in whatever types I can get my hands on on the Bird Crush Club page if you would like to follow the patterns exactly.
11. What floss are you going to chart in? Will I need to special order a bunch of overdyes or something?
I am using ALL DMC with ONE overdyed cotton --- the same floss you'll get in your package! So all you'll need to do is collect the DMC and get stitching!
12. Will I get to preview each bird?
Sorry but no! I wanted each bird to be a surprise. So January's Steller's Jay is the only sneak peek. You'll have to trust me that each bird is equally charming and stitchable! I will update the images of the club after most people have received their shipments. Want to see Chris' collection of awesome bird pictures? These are the pictures I'll be pulling from! Here it is!
13. Can I get a previous month's bird?
Not at this time. Sorry! Gotta keep moving along!
14. I don't want to join the party. Will the patterns be available later?
I honestly don't know at this point in time. I may republish them or I may decide it's too much of a pain!
15. Can I just get a PDF?
Only physical patterns are being produced for the Bird Crush Club.
16. Can I buy this as a gift?
What a wonderful person you are. Yes. Just enter the recipient for the shipping address.
17. Another question? Email me at email@example.com